Monday, February 1, 2010

Catchup, Cardigans, and Chicken



I was bad again. About posting I mean. I don't know when I suddenly became SO busy! Three weeks ago I had all the time in the world and now I'm struggling to find an extra minute in the day! Boo. Welp, time for my favorite game...again... Catch up!:

Last Wednesday I cooked dinner for my boyfriend and then we watched Dazed and Confused, love that movie! So it looks like Wednesday night dinner and a movie may become a permanent arrangement. Not that I'm going to complain, I love to cook, it relaxes me. I made Chipotle Shrimp and Cancun Chicken. Hahah, I like to make up random names for what I cook, makes me feel more chef-like. Nerd, I know. I couldn't be happier about the way things are going for us, it's the perfect speed. I'm comfortable just hanging out with him but I still get nervous when I see him. And it still takes us half the night to get the courage to reach out and hold hands, haha, I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes but I forgot what it's like to be like this with someone. :) Then Thursday night we went to an Aaron Watson concert and stayed out entirely too late but had lots of fun. Friday was low key, Saturday was supposed to be low key until I was talked into going out with my friends, but it was fun and I got to see my friend Taylor and that made my night. Sunday was a little rough, mostly because it was my friend Ashley's baby's 2nd birthday and we were scrambling trying to get everything together for it. But it went off without a hitch, minus the weather, but unfortunately that's out of my control. Then that night Spencer took me to see When in Rome and it was cute. Even he liked it, haha. And that concludes our little game :)

Now this week I have a "To Do" list that's about a m i l e long, so I need to get my butt in gear and do some damage. I'm super excited for Wednesday because I get my hair cut and I think I found the cut I want! I can't find the picture online, but it's in last week's People magazine. It's Ashley Greene's collar bone length bob. I want to go one length, I'm done with layers...for now, haha. I did find a similar look: Heidi Klum's bob.


I'm going to a new stylist and I'm nervous about it. I love my hairstylist Whitney, but she's in Lubbock and I don't know when I'll be able to make another trip there so I went in search of one here in Midland. The girl I found is highly recommended and no one has said a negative thing about her, I'm sure she'll be great. Other than that, just a lot of hum-drum that needs to get done. My biggest task this week is cleaning out my closet. I'm getting rid of about 80% of my clothes and starting over. Yikes! It's both liberating and nerve racking. I need to not only update my wardrobe but make it a little more adult. Yay for growing up...kinda...Heh :) I've been doing a little bit of shopping this past week and have found some things I absolutely love (and they were on sale! Jennie would be so proud of me!). My current obsessions are:

Feminine cardigans - you can dress them up or down!





Jessica Simpson flats



And flowy, beaded tanks

I love the versatility of the pieces and they're just so dang cute! And speaking of Jennie, I get to see her beautiful face on Saturday! I can't wait! I've been missing my BFF all the days! Well, I better wrap this up so I can actually get some things done! I promise there will be at least two more posts this week, so don't give up on me yet! Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels