Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Get-away

Let me begin by saying this may be a somewhat long post with lots of pictures...

What a weekend! It was one of the most magical and best weekends of my entire life. So my wonderful boyfriend Spencer had been telling me for about two weeks that we were going to go to Ruidoso for Valentine's weekend and I was super stoked for it. So Friday morning (finally) rolls around and I had woken up early to pack, double check my packing, and get his present ready...then it felt like I had to wait ages for 9:45am to get here. Oh but it did and I flew into the truck, ready to get away and get our weekend started...

So we start heading out of town and he looks over at me and says, "I may have told you some colorful stories this week... We're not driving, we're flying." Well that's no biggie, save some time right? Nothing to fret about. So we get to the luxurious Midland International Airport and he checks our bags and gets us checked in, and the counter clerk hands him our tickets and says, "Enjoy your weekend in Los Angeles!". Oh. My. Goodness. My jaw just dropped. I probably stood there gaping at him like a lunatic for a good 2 minutes before he grabbed my arm and led me up the stairs to our gate...

What a sneaky, sneaky guy! Boy, he had me fooled! For about two weeks nonetheless! I've never been farther west then the Grand Canyon (which was for a middle school field trip) and have always dreamed about going to California... Looks like I found a genie in my boyfriend... ;)

His brother happens to live in LA, so he picked us up from LAX and took us to the infamous In-N-Out Burger for an early dinner. And let me say, it is as good as everyone says it is! Delicious!! After our five star meal, we drove around LA a bit and took in the sights. We stayed in downtown LA at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel, really nice and historic. We were so bushed from a day of traveling and so much excitement that we crashed early and slept like rocks...


We woke up the next morning and he tells me, "You better get dressed, we're going to Disneyland." Ahh!! I nearly died of excitement. Yet another item on my wish list that got checked off this weekend. We had a blast riding the coasters and doing all the things that you just have to do at Disneyland. Lucky for us, we got there early enough to beat the crowds and actually finished up with Disneyland and Californialand by 2pm. It was such a beautiful day that we thought we'd head to the beach and soak in the rays... But LA traffic had other plans for us. It took us about and hour and a half to get back to the hotel, so we opted for naps instead of more traffic time. Room service, champagne, and an amazing dinner were the staples for the rest of our evening...

Sunday morning we did make it to Venice Beach! We walked out on to the Boardwalk and saw some dolphins and just strolled the beach and soaked in the rays for a couple hours. Oh how I've missed the sun and bikini wearing weather!


Then it was lunch with his brother at The Counter, a really cool joint with fabulous food, and then somefor dessert (Yumm-O!! I'm considering opening one in Midland, haha...) before hopping on the plane back to Midland. A perfect weekend with the perfect man :) Oh, and I got a homemade Valentine's card, too! Hope everyone had an equally fabulous weekend and a great week! I start my new job tomorrow - verrrryy nervous and excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels