What made me want to start my blog...
My BFF Jennie of course! (That girl can get my to do just about anything! haha) She had started blogging and had told me about it and it sounded interesting and fun - but mostly like something I would genuinely enjoy. I thought about it for a while before I finally jumped on the wagon. I have enough time (correction: had), it is a good way to keep in touch with family and friends, and it's a great way to meet new people.
I took baby steps at first, mostly using it as an accountability tool between me and Jennie, but not long after it turned into more of a journal. I used to journal often back in middle and high school but when college rolled around I stopped...not really sure why. Anyway, I'm back to "journaling" through this blog and really enjoy it - and I think my family (which is 7-15 hours away) appreciates it, too. :)
So there it is, short and sweet. I love that I get inspiration and ideas about so many things (all the way from food to family to fashion) from fellow bloggers and have the opportunity to share my ideas (however few and far between they may be) with others.
Now on to randomness...
- Did I tell y'all I bought my wedding dress? Because I did :) about 2 weeks ago when we girls made the trip to Austin for Muddy Buddy. I love it and found it at the first shop we went to (we missed my first appointment because we were running late, the traffic was terrible, and so was the weather - but who cares because I found THE dress at the "second" appointment - divine intervention? Maybe...).
- This weekend is three very special people's birthdays - Spencer, my Mom, and my good friend Lindsey's little girl Parker. Spence and I are flying to Houston Friday afternoon to spend the weekend with his parents and best friend. Since we won't be here to share it with my momma, we're going out to dinner Thursday with my parents to make up for it.
- I made Ratatouille last night with tortellini and pesto for dinner. It was simply AH-may-ZING if I do so say myself! I will post the recipe and some pics tonight or tomorrow. It's an easy dish and is great in summer or winter - plus it's all vegetables! Nothing but lots of vitamins with a dash of olive oil and salt! :)
- I started marathon training this Monday. Like I said in the last post, there are a lot of changes taking place; so, instead of doing the Rock'N'Roll Marathon in December, we're shooting for October 23 to run Chosen: Marathon for Adoption in New Braunfels - T-minus 20 weeks!
- Mother Nature brought me a little present yesterday...she seems to bring the same thing every month, thanks a lot MN! Hehe, but in return for my not-so-sweet gift, my wonderful fiance brought me some very sweet gifts - cookies and 2 chic flicks! We watched "Valentine's Day" last night and it was super cute! Such a great cast! And tonight or tomorrow night it'll be "Dear John".
- I have a wonderful fiance who is constantly putting my needs before his and his love for me blows my mind every day. I feel so blessed that one day I will get to call him my husband.
- And I think that's all the randomness I have for now.