Monday, May 24, 2010

Time for Change...101 in 1001

Hey y'all! I know I've been MIA these past few weeks (with the exception of a few Top 2 Tuesdays, Wishful Wednesdays, and a Kindred Connection or two...) but as far as more personal (and original) posts go, I definitely fell off the wagon and hid under a rock!

There are a lot of changes taking place in my tiny little corner of the universe, and truth be told, by the end of the day all I want to do is zone out and relax. I haven't had the energy or creativity to do any blogging. I would open it up and stare at the screen, racking my brain to find something to write about, and after adding more frustration and stress to my already frustrated and stressed life, I'd give up and pout. Yes, pout. I felt like such a disappointment to myself. I would think, "Seriously, Nicole? Nothing? You gotta be kidding me...what happened to you?". Not fun. at all. But I am glad to say that I think the storm has passed and I have decided to come out and play.

You know what...that's a lie. The storm has not passed. In fact, I'm right in the middle of it. But I'm tired of pouting. It's time to shake off this energy (and life) sucking coat I've been wearing and go dance in the rain. One of my favorite quotes is "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain." When did I forget that and fall into the "whoa-is-me" hole?


So in honor of dancing in the rain, I am going to post my "101 in 1001". I know I'm late with this "trend" but I'm such a list person, I LOVE lists. And setting goals. So it figures that I would do something like this. If you don't know what it is, here is the site. In a nutshell, you create a list of 101 things/goals you can reasonably accomplish in 1001 days, which is roughly a little less than 3 years. I like it because you have a deadline, unlike a "Bucket List" where you still have a deadline...but it could be decades, haha. This is a little more short sighted and (hopefully) attainable. Anyway, without further ado...Nicole's:

101 in 1001

For the Adrenaline Junkie in me
  1. Run a marathon
  2. Do a triathlon
  3. Go surfing
  4. Go skydiving
  5. Take a self-defense/martial arts class
  6. Go camping twice a year (0/6)
  7. Get a new tattoo
  8. Go kayaking
  9. Ride in a helicopter
  10. Go hunting
  11. Go ice skating
  12. Go to a horse race or derby

    For my Wanderlust
  13. Travel outside the country once a year (0/3)
  14. Have a girl's weekend or trip once every 3 months (0/10)
  15. Take a weekend get-away once every season (0/11)
  16. Take more "detours"
  17. Take a trip without a map - just drive

    For my Faith
  18. Read The Bible cover to cover (I'm doing the 90 Day Challenge starting today! 5/24/10)
  19. Tithe monthly (0/33)
  20. Share my testimony with someone
  21. Share the gospel with a stranger
  22. Read The Bible or a devotional daily
  23. Spend time in prayer daily
  24. Get "plugged in" at church
  25. Join a small group at church
  26. Memorize one verse a month (0/33)

    For my Love

  27. Make a scrapbook of me and Spencer
  28. Take Spencer to a professional sports game
  29. Go horseback riding on the beach with my man
  30. Have a "family portrait" taken
  31. Have our perfect wedding
  32. Have a unique and spectacular honeymoon
  33. Have a special date night once a month (1/33)

    For my Brain
  34. Re-learn Spanish and German
  35. Learn to play the guitar and piano
  36. Go back to school and get my Master's
  37. Read 10 books on the "1,001 Books to Read Before You Die" (1/10)
    - "I Know Why the Caged Bird Signs" by Maya Angelou
  38. Journal 3 times a week
  39. Read at least one non-fiction book every 3 months (1/10)
    - "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou
  40. Write a short story
  41. Have something published
  42. Try something new every month (food, activity, etc.) (1/33)
    - 1. Ate starfruit 5/24/10 and saw Cirque de la Symphonie 5/30/10
  43. Join a club (book, garden, dinner, etc.)

    For my Wallet

  44. Pay off all credit cards and personal loans
  45. Get a full time job
  46. Have $5,000 in savings
  47. Anything that can be energy efficient, make it energy effecient
  48. Become 100% independent from my parents
  49. Pay off my Jeep
  50. Create a monthly budget (and stick to it!) (0/32)

    For my Planet
  51. Have a vegetable garden
  52. Grow an herb garden
  53. Start recycling
  54. Plant a tree on Earth Day (0/2)
  55. Be part of a beautification project
  56. Eat more local and organinc foods
  57. Buy a bicycle - and use it :)

    For others
  58. Donate clothing to Goodwill or Women's Shelter annually (0/3)
  59. Help a stranger in need
  60. Help a friend in need
  61. Give an anonymous monetary gift yearly (0/3)
  62. Reach out to someone I've lost touch with
  63. Love an "unlovely"
  64. Visit youngest brother once a semester (0/6)
  65. Send a care package to someone (friend, soldier, etc.)
  66. Bake a neighbor cookies
  67. Join Big Brothers/Big Sisters
  68. Volunteer with Meals on Wheels
  69. Bring treats to the department twice a year (0/6)

    Just for Me :)
  70. Have Taz & Nala 100% trained
  71. Learn to sew/use a sewing machine
  72. Make an article of clothing
  73. Send a card to someone just because once a month (0/33)
  74. Exercise 3 times per week
  75. Cook a holiday meal
  76. Host a dinner party every year (0/3)
  77. Give up soda completely
  78. Paint a canvas for the living room using a favorite quote as inspiration
  79. Make a wreath
  80. Take more pictures
  81. Host a theme party
  82. Make real sun tea every summer (0/3)
  83. Make Neiman Marcus cookies
  84. Cook a 3 course meal with perfect wine pairings
  85. Re-learn how to crochet
  86. Go to a ballet
  87. Go to the Opera
  88. See a Broadway production (July 4, 2010 - "Wicked")
  89. Build a piece of furniture
  90. Have a "grown-up" wardrobe
  91. Bake a pie from scratch
  92. Do yoga weekly
  93. Send family Christmas cards every year (0/3)
  94. Learn how to make tamales
  95. Hodgepodge a garage sale item
  96. Sleep under the stars
  97. Go barefoot for one day
  98. Do a grape stomp
  99. Brew my own beer or make my own wine
  100. Move from Midland
  101. Learn to dance

    Start date: May 24, 2010
    End date: February 17, 2013

    Items in italics are currently in progress

    Anyone else choosing to dance in the rain? :)


2 comments:

  1. I get in those blogging 'ruts' too! I'm glad you're moving past it ; ) Love your list--we have lots of the same goals. It's been so fun starting on mine-I'm only about a month ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me really start brainstorming some wishes for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels