Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kindred Connection Party :)

It's that time of week again for Kristin at Windy Poplar's Kindred Spirit Connection Party! I love the questions this week, so fun!! If you wanna join that party, head on over and link up :)



Windy Poplars




1. How do you most like to entertain during the summer (pool party, picnic, cookout, etc.)? - Or if your situation doesn't allow for entertaining right now, what do you look forward to being able to host?
I live in an apartment right now, so my only option is to grill out at the pool. It's fun, and lucky for me Spencer is a grill master! We have a blast just hanging out, getting a tan, and eating some yummy food.

But what I most look forward to is having a house of our own. I absolutely can.not.wait!! I hope to have a wrap around porch and giant patio in the back. Perfect for summertime cookouts. I'd also like to have an outdoor fireplace/fire pit for mini bonfires and some s'more roasting! I get goosebumps just thinking about it!! Eeeek - seriously can.NOT.wait!! :)



2. Do you have a favorite summertime dessert?
Gelato. Not just any gelato. Real Italian gelato. The summer I spent in Italy I had this delicious treat at least once a day (okay...I'll admit it... 3 times a day on the weekends). It is sooo amazing. I've tried some gelato stands and shops here but it just isn't the same :( but that doesn't stop me from getting it! Haha.



3.What is your best outdoor summer date idea?
Twilight picnic and then laying out and looking at the stars. I just love to stargaze, I think it's so romantic to share your feelings under the sparkle of a marvelous sky.



4. Share any outdoor decorating tips/ideas you have...
I don't have an outdoor area at this time :( We have an itty bitty patio with one barrell of flowers I planted the other weekend. I love those flowers :) But the best tip I have is to make it relaxing. I love sitting outside spring through fall and watching time go by. Big, comfy chairs (pappasan anyone?), a fire, the smell of flowers drifting through the air, and a canopy that could only be designed by the most awesome Creator is all I need :)


5. What will we find you wearing most in the summertime?
A swimsuit. I love the water, and although there's not (ok, hardly....ugh, barely...fine, zero) water in West Texas, that's not gonna stop this girl! I am a bona-fide lounge lizard. I will lay out by the pool and soak up the rays. And any weekend I can make it, you bet it'll be a river trip! But during those times I cannot don my suit, you can find this girl in shorts and a cute tank. When temperatures reach over 100 most summer days, the less amount of clothes you have on the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels