Monday, March 1, 2010

Already March?!?

Where did February go?? Boy, did it just fly on by! It was definitely the busiest month I've had in a few years. There was something going on every weekend, and I was out of town for the last three out of the four... no wonder I'm exhausted! Here's a short little timeline...:

  • SuperBowl weekend
  • California weekend
  • Started new job
  • Lubbock weekend
This past week was a very nerve racking one for me... I started substitute teaching and then went with my wonderful beau on a little weekend roadtrip...to meet his parents, grandparents, oldest brother, and best friend. The pressure was on! I get nervous about meeting friends, but then add on meeting the most important people in his life. Dun Dun Duuunnnnnn....

We went to Austin Friday afternoon to see his best friend and stayed the night there. I just adore Austin. I love the vibe you get from the city, so chill and unique. We went out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (I had never been to one) and it was fabulous, and the serving was HUGE! I could barely put away half the plate, and I'm a girl who is not shy about my appetite. Then Saturday after breakfast at Kerby Lane, another Austin eatery treasure, and meeting the oldest of the three brothers, we saddled up and headed to north to see his parents and grandparents. I was pretty much sweating bullets the entire two and a half hour journey to Houston (well, actually a little town outside Houston). All I could keep thinking was, What if they don't like me? What if I do something embarrassing? What if, what if, what if... And after meeting them, all that worrying really was needless and a waste of my energy. They are some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and spending a weekend with. In fact, when it was time for us to head back home, I found myself wishing we could stay longer. A lot longer. Never once did I feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. I really didn't feel nervous about anything at all while I was there, and I think that is so rare.

The drive back was a lot longer than the drive there... so during our 8 hour journey home we made a few pit stops. First at a lake. We just walked around, stretched our legs, and chilled on the dock taking in the beauty. Then we stopped in Dublin, Texas: Home of Dr. Pepper. You know, the real Dr. Pepper...made with Imperial Sugar. So we stopped, of course! And we had ourselves a little Dr. Pepper float which was delicious and the perfect sugar rush for our half way point.

(It's the best picture we could get...hehe. What can I say?
It's a tall sign and I'm a short person...hence awkward angle...and smiles)

Oh well, it was fun anyway. The drive also consisted of ridiculous stories, even more ridiculous games, and a lot of goofing around. I suppose that's a good thing when you can spend 8 hours in a tiny space with someone and not ever get annoyed or tired of them; in fact, it made me appreciate him even more. I am so blessed to have this man in my life.

This is going to be a looong week. Every day is jam packed. I'm lucky I have a little extra time right now to catch up on my blog reading and scribble out a quick one myself. This week I'm juggling three jobs, my dad's birthday (which is tomorrow!), Bible study, and hopefully one night to hang out with Spencer before he goes to Vegas on Friday (lucky duck!). But on the bright side, I will have a weekend to catch up with some of my girlfriend's I haven't seen in weeks and just to get a little "me" time in. Do I hear a massage calling my name? I think so.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a here's a little quote I'm using as a mantra/reminder to keep me sane this week:

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Ghandi

Maybe some of you need it, too? :)

1 comment:

  1. Is Austin such a great city!! I totally miss it, and have ties to Lubbock too since my grandparents live there. Ohh, good ole' Texas how I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels