Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wishful Wed...Youth Job

Wednesday already??! Whew! Time's still a-flyin' by for me! But I'm so happy it's Wednesday because that means Friday is just two days away! Oh how I love weekends... :)

Anyway, as y'all know by now it's Wishful Wednesday over at The Seattle Smith's, and Kelsey has another great topic! So be sure to head on over to play along and link up! :)


"I wish"... I could go back and spend
one day working at a job from my youth,
and it would be from Alpine Municipal Pool.

Yup, this girl was a lifeguard. I was certified to save your life - don't ya feel better now? ;) But seriously, I got paid to get a tan and make sure no one drowned...and I was paid well - $15.25/hr. Ohh yeah, sweet deal. AND I only had to work from 11am-7pm (who doesn't love sleeping in?) and my friends could come and hang out with me at work!

Man, I had it made then! Wake up around 10, do a some chores, go to work, hang out and tan, get off work and walk down the block to the high school gym and play volleyball til the gym closed, then usually go run "the loop" (a 2 mile loop around the park and golf course) with my BFF Jennie, then go to DQ for some frozen goodness! Those were the best 3 years of work...

Where are my glittery ruby red slippers?? *There's no place like home, there's no place like home...*

Still dreaming til then I suppose... ;)


6 comments:

  1. sounds amazing! I was never a lifeguard but I always thought it would be such a cake job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a lifeguard but had to be at work at either 7am or 12pm depending on my rotation that day, I'm super jealous you got to sleep in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a lifeguard too when I was in high school! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an incredible job! Those days sound awesome. :) I wish my summers were still like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe how well you were paid -- that's AMAZING!!! My mom said this was her favorite job growing up too!

    ReplyDelete

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels