Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And so the battle begins...

So, now that I've made those affirmations (the easy part) now comes sticking to 'em (the hard part). I failed miserably yesterday, figuring that since a cold front blew in that meant I was supposed to stay in my pj's til 3pm, coincidentally the same time I needed to get ready for work. On the other hand, I may have redeemed myself somewhat today... I did my work out first thing this morning, which involved a mile and a half run (getting ready for Saturday when I head up to Lubbock for Loop the Lake, a 5 mile run!) and then what I like to call "Series 1" of my circuit training. If any of y'all are looking for a work out routine or want to change things up, I highly recommend circuit training. I've had a regular work out routine since high school, and am sorry to say it had been the same one, too, but this summer when I lived in San Marcos I joined a gym that included a day with a personal trainer and he introduced me to circuit training. The pounds literally melted off in a matter of weeks! It was awesome. So I accomplished my exercise goal for the day, and feel great! Thank you endorphins! :) Then I ran some errands, and thanks to working last night, was able to add a couple more check marks by paying some bills and applying for a couple of jobs. So I'm feeling pretty darn good right now. Which makes me wonder, why do we stop doing good things? I know crisis sometimes arise, but other than that, why? It's so frustrating to think about. Well, studies have shown if you repeat an activity for 30 days that it becomes a habit, and habits are hard to break. So here's to good habits!

I'm pretty excited for this week. I'll be attending my first night for the young adults at my church (it's called "The Pursuit") on Wednesday and am both excited and nervous. Excited because I'd really like to make some friends in this town and nervous because I'll be flying solo. Then there's the National Championship between Texas and Alabama on Thursday, which should make for a pretty incredible game; the Sandhills Stock Show and Rodeo is in town and I haven't been to one since high school and am super excited to get back to my roots a little! One of my friends will be competing in the calf roping and barrel racing events on Friday morning, so I'm looking forward to cheering her on. Then Saturday morning I'll be running Loop the Lake in Lubbock with Jennie and my dad...and I'm sure I'll also be embarrassed when my dad finishes way ahead of me. He's in better shape than I am! Then of course there's Sunday, my favorite day of the week! Why is it my favorite day? Because it's the only day when I am not obligated to do anything. I get to go to church and praise our wonderful God, then come home and watch a movie with my family and cook a delicious dinner. Just enjoy life without worrying about what tomorrow brings. If only every day could be like that...ahh the hopes of a perpetual dreamer. :)

Well...I best be gettin' back to my day, there's still lots that needs to be done! :) But as I go, I'll leave you with this...



There's always a silver lining :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVEEEEE the picture, and I love your new title!! I'm really liking this whole blogging thing, hopefully we can get more readers besides just you and I reading each others blog! haha! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels