Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Thankfulness and a Vacay Recap

Two amazing things happened today my friends:

1. The AC was finally fixed!
2. We actually got some rain today!!

To me, both things are equally monumental events (in my eyes) and I am ever so grateful for them both :) God is so good. He answers prayers for both the small things (like getting a busted AC fixed ASAP) and the big things (like sending rain to a place that hasn't seen any since last September - 10 months!). Yaaaaay God!

Now onto a little recent vacay reminiscing....

Our vacation last week was pretty much the most amazing trip ev-aaaaaah. If you have not been to Jackson Hole, Wyoming/Grand Teton National Park/Yellowstone National Park then you should most definitely put it on your "to-do" "must-do" list.



Jackson is one of the neatest small-big towns I've been to. Sure there are all the little touristy shops but they also have super adorbs boutiques and restaraunts that serve amazing food. And if you wanna get outta town one day, there are plenty of options:

Go horseback riding
Whitewater raft
Fly fishing
Camping
Hiking
Make a short (30 min) drive to Grand Teton National Park
or make the longer drive to Yellowstone



Both parks abound with several things to do. In my opinion, Grand Teton is a park better suited for people who like to be out hiking or mountain climbing and enjoying nature versus Yellowstone that, while it has many natural wonders (think geysers, hot springs, a "grand canyon"), it is much, much more crowded and if you only have a day or two, you spend most of it in the car getting from one side of the park to the other trying to get in all the sights.


Old Faithful


We enjoyed Grand Tetons more because it was less crowded and we enjoy mountain hiking and did about 10 miles into the canyons. It was absolutely wonderful. We also got to see some wildlife, like marmots, chipmunks, moose, bears, elk, and buffalo which was super rad.


Grand Teton National Park

When we weren't at one of the parks we spent the day strolling the town square, horseback riding and whitewater rafting. If you haven't done the last two, they are "must-do"'s as well! Whitewater rafting is so thrilling and I love the adrenaline rush and riding horses is just the opposite, it fills me with clamness, serenity, and peace, haha.


(we had to wear wetsuits for rafting and I thought it'd be cool to strike a pose....why that one will forever remain a mystery...)



On our way to and from Wyoming we stopped in Denver, Colorado to break up the drive into more managable pieces. From where we are in Texas it takes 10 hours to get to Denver, and then from Denver to Jackson it is 8 hours. That's a LOT of driving! I got my car serviced the day before we left and I already have to take it back to be serviced again (you know, the whole oil change after every 3,000 miles). If you ever go to Denver during baseball season, go see the Rockies. Their stadium is amazing and the weather is perfect - the perfect ball game place.



Well that about sums it up! :) It was a badly needed escape. It really gave us the chance to unwind, relax and just get to enjoy eachothers company away from all the hubbub of everyday life. Any questions, comments, etc. just shoot me a message and I will gladly elaborate or answer anything I can. I didn't want to write a too-detailed post because I can be a little very OCD about details and this post could have turned into a novel, haha.



Welp, it's getting late 'round here, almost 10 o'clock! I know, I'm such an old person already.... Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful vacay!! I've been to Yellowstone but didn't get to Grand Teton - love the info on it!

    ReplyDelete

Elements by Franziska Altmann

Meet Cinderella...

My photo
I'm just a small town girl with big dreams and an open heart. I truly believe that all you need is Love and to look to the Lord whatever may come your way. Engaged to my forever love and planning a September wedding, just finished my first year of teaching, and working on becoming a "real" grown-up: This is the story of my journey, however topsy-turvey and chaotic it might be... :)

The Royal Court :)

Labels