- Having Christmas with my mom's side of the family the day after Christmas and eating Mexican food - yumm!
- Having a "traditional meal" (and by that I mean turkey, ham, and the fixin's) with my dad's side on Christmas day
- Watching the Santa Clause trilogy...probably numerous times
Now, this is our (mine & Spencer's) first Christmas together, so we're having to make compromises and try to arrange the best schedule for everyone - no easy feat. But so far I think we've come up with a good plan that will last through the years :)
- Jam out to wonderful Christmas songs and decorate our humble abode. (<-- We're doing this TONIGHT!!)
- Taking Christmas photos and sending out Christmas cards.
- Have our own "family" (me, S, and our 2 pups) Christmas in our home before we head out of town to our parents homes. I also would like to start reading The Christmas Story together and create a new tradition :)
- Spend the 23rd with S's family and go look at Christmas lights and then go to dinner.
- Spend Christmas Eve with my family and do our small family celebration (this year we'll be going to see The Nutcracker at the Houston Ballet, soo excited!)
- And then pick back up from my childhood Christmas traditions :)
and I wish our house would look like this!
A girl can dream...
So it's nothing too terribly excited but it's me :) I'm sure as the years go by we'll add some here and there but for now that's about it. I can't wait to read about y'alls and get some new ideas!
Hope everyone has a superb week!!